I can be found on twitter at @giuliaforsythe
- art, math, music and where they intersect.
- + 1 for science, cuz it works.
- #ds106 as a philosophy of education
- Staying up really late listening to #ds106radio
That wasn’t enough? Ok. Read on…
Completed my Bachelor of Science in Biology and Integrated studies concurrently with a Bachelor of Education at Brock University. Certified by the Ontario College of Teachers. I took 7 years off between my first year and last year of university; during that time I spent some time at George Brown College in the Electronic Desktop Publishing program where I learned a lot, even if I don’t have a certificate to prove it.
I’ve been pleased to work on projects to help formulate best practices and policies at Brock University, like academic integrity policies and the creation of an Academic Integrity Officer and best practices in Evaluation of Teaching document endorsed by the Brock University Senate.
Currently, I mostly facilitate adult learners, specifically faculty and teaching assistants in the areas of curriculum design, instructional skills workshops and teaching online.
Increasingly, I am interested in Visual Practice mostly because it makes me very happy to draw but professionally speaking, there are growing research findings indicating that it can be great teaching & learning tool.
Professional Memberships, Committees & Affiliations
- Member of the Society for Teaching, Learning in Higher Education, the Ontario University group of E-learning professionals and the Council of Ontario Educational Developers
- Formerly the past-president of the Ontario Council for University Lifelong Learning which is an affiliate of the Council of Ontario Universities.
- Currently on the City of Welland Transit Advisory Committee and the board of directors for Green Niagara Vert, formerly in the role of citizen member of city of Welland conservation committee, which is involved in water and energy conservation with a focus on new forms of sustainable economic growth. My main committee responsibility is the development of the educational component of a citizen awareness campaign. .