I can be found on twitter at @giuliaforsythe
- art, math, music and where they intersect.
- + 1 for science, cuz it works.
- #ds106 as a philosophy of education
- Staying up really late listening to #ds106radio
That wasn’t enough? Ok. Read on…
Completed my Bachelor of Science in Biology and Integrated studies concurrently with a Bachelor of Education at Brock University. Certified by the Ontario College of Teachers. I took 7 years off between my first year and last year of university; during that time I spent some time at George Brown College in the Electronic Desktop Publishing program where I learned a lot, even if I don’t have a certificate to prove it. I’m currently finishing my Masters of Education, Administration and Leadership.
Currently, I mostly facilitate adult learners, specifically faculty and teaching assistants in the areas of curriculum design, instructional skills workshops and teaching online.
Increasingly, I am interested in Visual Practice mostly because it makes me very happy to draw but professionally speaking, there are growing research findings indicating that it can be great teaching & learning tool.
Professional Memberships, Committees & Affiliations
- Member of the Society for Teaching, Learning in Higher Education, the Ontario University group of E-learning professionals and the Council of Ontario Educational Developers
- Formerly the past-president of the Ontario Council for University Lifelong Learning which is an affiliate of the Council of Ontario Universities.